Republicans Lose Way by Misreading Bush History: Ramesh PonnuruRamesh Ponnuru
Nov. 15 (Bloomberg) -- In 2006 and 2008, voters inflicted on Republicans the worst back-to-back electoral drubbing any party has received since the Great Depression, when Franklin Delano Roosevelt all but destroyed the Party of Hoover. Republicans quickly reached a consensus about why they lost so badly: They had failed to be sufficiently Republican.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Judgment Is Debatable. His Sanity Is Not.
- What Trump Got (Half) Right in Asia
- Let's Start Taking Trump's Unpopularity Seriously
- Up Next: Cryptocurrency Goes to the Moon
- China's Top Economic Risk? Education.
- The Retail Apocalypse and the Jerry Jones Problem
- Trump's Clinton Fixation Should Scare All Americans