Republicans Lose Way by Misreading Bush History: Ramesh PonnuruRamesh Ponnuru
Nov. 15 (Bloomberg) -- In 2006 and 2008, voters inflicted on Republicans the worst back-to-back electoral drubbing any party has received since the Great Depression, when Franklin Delano Roosevelt all but destroyed the Party of Hoover. Republicans quickly reached a consensus about why they lost so badly: They had failed to be sufficiently Republican.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Donald Trump's Incomparable Approval Ratings
- Not Even Trump Can Obliterate America's Soft Power
- Trump's 'Fake News Awards' Have a Sinister Subtext
- Amazon's Utterly Predictable Game of Musical Chairs
- The Overlooked Economics of Trump's Tax Law
- Why Hospitals Aren't in the Drug Business
- Imaginary Taxes Can Have Real Consequences