To Save Euro, Turn Banks Into Mutual Funds: Laurence KotlikoffLaurence Kotlikoff
Sept. 14 (Bloomberg) -- Eleven years ago, economic historian Niall Ferguson and I marked the euro’s birth with a Foreign Affairs article titled “The Degeneration of EMU.” We argued that absent centralized fiscal policy, euro-zone countries would fight over how much money the European Central Bank should print to help pay their bills. We gave the euro a decade.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Conservatives and the Rotten Smell of States' Rights
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange
- Trump Has Created Leverage Against Iran. Now He Needs a Closer.
- A Central Bank Puzzle for Our Era: What Gives?