Republicans’ Plan on Debt? Cut, Cap and Bluster: Ramesh PonnuruRamesh Ponnuru
July 19 (Bloomberg) -- Perhaps it’s a law of politics: For every political fantasy of Democrats there is an equal and opposite one from Republicans. Democrats have been pretending that the Constitution allows President Barack Obama to ignore the debt ceiling, so that he doesn’t have to compromise with Republicans in Congress. House Republicans are voting this week on their own dream: a constitutional amendment to enshrine their budget views and eliminate the need for compromise with Democrats, forever.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Talking North Korea and Iran With Israel's Rocket Man
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Trump’s Quiet Campaign to Undermine Background Checks
- Stick With Numbers When Judging Trump's Rally
- Richard Spencer Has Only Himself to Blame for Hecklers
- Why You Don't Know Anybody in the Military
- U.S. Tried and Failed to Stave Off Iraq's Advance on the Kurds