A Two-Step Approach to Solving the Budget Impasse: Echoesby
Two decades ago, President George H.W. Bush, Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell and House Speaker Tom Foley agreed to "the largest and most comprehensive deficit reduction package in U.S. history," according to the president's Council of Economic Advisers, on which I served as a member at the time. We estimated that the deal would "reduce the Federal deficit by a total of nearly one-half trillion dollars over the next 5 years."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Judgment Is Debatable. His Sanity Is Not.
- Never-Trumpers Never Agree About Anything Else
- GOP Surrenders Cherished IRS Scandal at Last
- What Trump Got (Half) Right in Asia
- The Blockchain Might Scare the Gig Economy to Death
- Converging on Tax-Reform Nonsense
- Too Many Laws. So Much Ignorance. Something Has to Give.