A Two-Step Approach to Solving the Budget Impasse: Echoesby
Two decades ago, President George H.W. Bush, Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell and House Speaker Tom Foley agreed to "the largest and most comprehensive deficit reduction package in U.S. history," according to the president's Council of Economic Advisers, on which I served as a member at the time. We estimated that the deal would "reduce the Federal deficit by a total of nearly one-half trillion dollars over the next 5 years."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Trump-Russia Probe Is About to Get Uglier
- Trump Is a No-Show in the Fight Against Opioids
- Bitcoin Futures and Banky Thoughts
- An Expert's Guide to Navigating the World of Bitcoin
- Star Wars' Gross Galactic Product Problem
- 4 Developments to Watch in Global Economy
- The Tax Bill Won't Matter When It's Time to Vote