Follow the Straight (and Dotted) Lines to Budget Truths: Viewby
In Washington, the weather has heated up. So has the rhetoric in the hybrid budget/debt-ceiling negotiations between President Barack Obama and congressional leaders. From the White House lectern on Monday, the president insisted that U.S. lawmakers have “a moral imperative to tackle our debt and deficit.” This means, generally speaking, that Democrats need to accept spending cuts and entitlement reform and that Republicans need to relent on tax increases.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- London's Uber Ban Is a Big Brexit Mistake
- Trump Slams the Brakes on Self-Driving Cars
- The Constitution Is Passing the Trump Stress Test
- Wanted: Russia Experts, No Expertise Required
- Trump Strikes a False Note at the United Nations
- Serving Ice Cream Isn't a Cultural Exchange