Debt-Limit Shuffle Buys Time for 'Something Big’: Caroline Baumby
Faced with an Aug. 2 drop-dead date for raising the $14.3 trillion debt limit and encumbered with two parties that don’t play well together, President Barack Obama did what any president would do: He called a White House summit. (Answers b, “appoint a czar,” and c, “create a commission,” are incorrect in this instance.)
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Has Trump Fixed the 'Worst Deal Ever'? Kinda, Sorta
- The Long-Term Stock Exchange Is Worth a Shot
- Authoritarian Cryptocurrencies Are Coming
- Trump Might Actually Wreck Nafta, Believe Him
- A Corporate Tax Cut Isn't Just a Giveaway to the Rich
- California Can't Make Trump an Ethical President