Cat Food Commission No Dog’s Breakfast for Liberals: Ezra KleinEzra Klein
June 23 (Bloomberg) -- Liberals rejoiced when President Barack Obama dismissed his fiscal commission with a perfunctory pat on the back. They had taken to calling it “the cat food commission” in honor of its proposed cuts to Social Security and Medicare. They wanted Obama to go public, give his trademark speeches, make the pro-government case that they hoped would break the anti-government wave.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Melania Trump Has a Bully-in-Chief Problem
- Trump Strikes a False Note at the United Nations
- The Constitution Is Passing the Trump Stress Test
- Wanted: Russia Experts, No Expertise Required
- The Consequences of the U.S. Baby Bust
- Bet With Buffett, Not Against Him
- Republicans Peddle Nonsense to Sell Health-Care Plan