Cheap Coats, Blockaded Harbors and the Value of Free Trade: Viewby
It’s a bad moment for free trade. Republicans in the Senate are blocking three free-trade treaties -- with Colombia, South Korea and Panama -- until they are stripped of extra assistance (such as retraining) for workers whose jobs are shipped abroad. The Obama administration isn’t all that excited about these treaties or free trade in general, anyway.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- North Korea Is Playing a Longer Game Than the U.S.
- Has Trump Fixed the 'Worst Deal Ever'? Kinda, Sorta
- Authoritarian Cryptocurrencies Are Coming
- Brexit Talks Are Failing. Somebody Needs to Care.
- China Isn't Fixing Its Flaws