Diamond, Bryson and the Ever-Nastier Senate: Stephen L. CarterStephen L. Carter
June 9 (Bloomberg) -- A few years ago, a friend asked me over lunch whether I knew of any “dirt” -- his word -- on a person who had recently been nominated to a post requiring Senate confirmation. The “groups,” he said, had decided to oppose the appointment, and were trolling for information. In other words, a smear campaign was coming.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Who Has the World's No. 1 Economy? Not the U.S.
- Trump Falls on Ceremony. He Should Stop Trying.
- Sorry, President Trump. You're No Chester A. Arthur.
- Russia Is Using Marxist Strategies, and So Is Trump
- Richard Spencer Has Only Himself to Blame for Hecklers
- Trump's Numbers Are Really, Really Bad
- Nafta Gets a Welcome Reprieve