Social Security's Finances, Past and Future: Echoesby
When President Franklin D. Roosevelt created Social Security, Americans typically had more children, and died younger, than Americans today. As our demographics have changed, the balance of retirees to workers has shifted along with them. Lawmakers, as this chart shows, have not shifted the tax structure sufficiently to respond to this change.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- When Trump's Electoral Magic Fades
- 2017 Was Bad for Facebook. 2018 Will Be Worse.
- The Trump-Russia Probe Is About to Get Uglier
- Republicans Now Have a Reason to Panic
- Trump Brings Out the Worst in the Press
- Bought Apple Stock in 1980? Held It? Don't Brag
- Right-Sizing the Power of Republican Insurgents