Social Security's Finances, Past and Future: Echoesby
When President Franklin D. Roosevelt created Social Security, Americans typically had more children, and died younger, than Americans today. As our demographics have changed, the balance of retirees to workers has shifted along with them. Lawmakers, as this chart shows, have not shifted the tax structure sufficiently to respond to this change.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Let's Start Taking Trump's Unpopularity Seriously
- What Trump Got (Half) Right in Asia
- Trump's Clinton Fixation Should Scare All Americans
- What to Ask When Decades-Old Harassment Surfaces
- The Retail Apocalypse and the Jerry Jones Problem
- Tesla Keeps Scaring the Other Automakers
- 'Thor: Ragnarok' Offers a Timely History Lesson