Israel and Iran Both Claim Wins as Trump-Brokered Truce Holds
A fragile ceasefire between Israel and Iran that the US brokered after 12 days of fighting appeared to be holding on Wednesday, with both sides claiming victory in the war.
After US President Donald Trump’s expletive-laced message condemning early violations, the two Middle Eastern nations said they would honor the truce provided their counterpart did the same. No missile launches have been reported since then. Overnight, the Israeli military said it had identified two drones approaching, most likely from Iran, and they were intercepted before entering the country’s territory.