DOJ Says It Still Hasn’t Decided Whether to Prosecute Boeing
- Head of fraud section emails attorneys for victims’ families
- Says department ‘has not made a decision on how to proceed’
Relatives of Boeing Co. airplane crash victims hold images prior to a Senate hearing in Washington on June 18.
Photographer: Graeme Sloan/BloombergThis article is for subscribers only.
The US Justice Department told attorneys for families of victims of two fatal 737 Max crashes that it still hasn’t decided whether to pursue criminal charges against Boeing Co., after determining last month the planemaker had breached a 2021 agreement with the government.
“The department has not made a decision on how to proceed or whether to pursue prosecution of Boeing,” Justice Department Fraud Section Chief Glenn Leon said in an email sent to the attorneys Friday. “We will continue to update you, your clients, and the other victims on any major case decisions,” he said in the email, which was seen by Bloomberg News.