Fashion
Valentino’s Creative Director Piccioli Leaves Italian Label
- Pierpaolo Piccioli spent 25 years at the fashion house
- Gucci owner Kering bought a 30% stake in Valentino last year
Pierpaolo Piccioli
Photographer: Stefania M. D'Alessandro/Getty ImagesValentino, the Italian fashion house controlled by Qatar’s Mayhoola, said its creative director is leaving.
Pierpaolo Piccioli, 56, is departing in a decision described as mutual, the Italian brand said Friday. He became sole creative director in 2016, but has been at the company for 25 years. Prior to 2016, he shared creative duties with Maria Grazia Chiuri, who went on to become womenswear designer at LVMH’s Christian Dior.