Prognosis

Hong Kong Health Chief Says City Officials United in Covid Fight

  • Lo criticizes ‘foreign media’ report on quarantine debate
  • City reports highest daily case count in over five months
WATCH: Hong Kong’s health secretary dismisses assertions of a debate in the government over when to end hotel quarantine. Stephen Engle reports.Source: Bloomberg
Lock
This article is for subscribers only.

Hong Kong is united in its fight against Covid-19 and will continue adjusting measures as needed, Health Secretary Lo Chung-mau said on Sunday, dismissing assertions of a debate in the government over when to end hotel quarantine.

Chief Executive John Lee and his team share common goals in dealing with the pandemic, Lo said in a lengthy blog post on the Health Bureau’s website. In an apparent reference to a Bloomberg News report last week, he criticized the “foreign media” for saying government officials aimed to lift hotel quarantine for arrivals in November, but that some in the administration -- including himself -- weren’t all in agreement.