T-Mobile Holding ‘Not Hostile’ Talks to Renew Sprint Deal
- Several issues are on the table, including the price
- Deal continues to face legal challenges after 18 months
This article is for subscribers only.
T-Mobile US Inc. said it’s holding friendly talks with Sprint Corp. to renew their $26.5 billion takeover deal, which continues to face legal challenges after more than 18 months.
Several issues are part of the discussion, including the price, Chief Executive Officer John Legere said during a webcast Thursday. The original agreement expired Nov. 1. Since then, the two sides have held talks that Legere described as “not hostile.” He also said that the $43 billion synergies from the merger pact with Sprint were “still intact.”