Economics
Iran Says Talks With Trump Possible If U.S. Returns to 2015 Deal
This article is for subscribers only.
Iran could consider talks with the Trump administration if it first returns to the 2015 nuclear deal and ends its sanctions, the vice president said, as fears grow that the two countries are heading for armed conflict.
“If they go back to the original position that they had at the beginning of their government then yes, it can be considered,” Masoumeh Ebtekar said in an interview at her office in Tehran on Wednesday. The accord, which Trump abrogated last year, is “a clear framework and agreement, and it complies with the expectations the American president recently mentioned -- that Iran doesn’t attempt to seek nuclear weapons,” she said.