Trump White House Logs Document Drug Industry Visitors, MeetingsBy
Drug company executives were among the many visitors to the White House complex this year, according to visitor logs published Tuesday by ProPublica after a nonprofit transparency group, Property of the People, successfully sued the Trump administration to release the records.
From Jan. 20 to Sept. 6, several health executives paid visits. At the Office of Management and Budget, Director Mick Mulvaney was listed as meeting with:
- Heather Bresch, CEO of Mylan
- Dan Gallagher, chief legal officer of Mylan (twice)
- Larry Merlo, CEO of CVS Health Corp.
- Stephen Hemsley, chairman of UnitedHealth Group Inc.
- Patrick Soon-Shiong, billionaire health entrepreneur and CEO of NantHealth Inc.
- The board of directors from industry group Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA)
Mulvaney’s calendar also lists a “meeting: drug pricing” on June 1 and another “drug pricing meeting prep” on June 12.
At the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative, health-care visitors included:
- Meetings with representatives from PhRMA and Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO)
- Stephen Ubl, CEO of PhRMA
- Andy Hartsfield, head of U.S. government relations at Sanofi
- Jennifer Young, director of international policy at Pfizer Inc.
- Laurie Hueneke, executive director of animal health public policy & government relations at Merck & Co.
- David Kavanaugh, director of federal affairs at Johnson & Johnson