Skip to content
Subscriber Only

Police Hunt Barcelona Terror Suspect After Van Attack Kills 13

  • Catalan regional government says death toll could rise
  • Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy condemns ‘jihadi attack’
Video player cover image

Federico Santi, Eurasia Group Europe analyst, comments on the Barcelona terror attack. He speaks with Bloomberg's Joe Weisenthal and Abigail Doolittle on 'What'd You Miss?' (Source: Bloomberg)

Updated on

Police in Spain are still hunting the suspected terrorist who killed 13 people by ramming a van into pedestrians on Barcelona’s most iconic avenue before fleeing the scene.

With about 100 more people injured, Catalonia’s regional government said the death toll could rise. Police arrested two people outside the city in connection with the carnage, but the perpetrator wasn’t among them, Catalan officials told a news conference. Police also raised the possibility that an explosion earlier on Thursday that killed one person and brought down a building may be connected to the attack.