Facebook Is Developing TV Shows for Social MediaBy
Facebook Inc. hired MTV executive Mina Lefevre to develop original TV shows for the world’s largest social network.
Lefevre, who oversaw all scripted programming at MTV, will lead development of scripted and unscripted programming for Menlo Park, California-based Facebook, which has been investing greater resources into original video content over the past year. Lefevre joins a team being run by Ricky Van Veen, co-founder of CollegeHumor.
“I have always been drawn to the idea of building something and the idea of being part of the team that helps build Facebook’s original content ecosystem... well, that just seems like a dream!” Lefevre said Wednesday in a post on Facebook.
The second-largest company in online advertising, Facebook is diving into video to siphon more dollars away from TV. The company has hired executives to lead the effort and has been talking to talent agents, production companies and filmmakers about producing videos for the site.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap's Market Value
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Apple Plans Upgrades to Popular AirPods Headphones
- Snap CEO Evan Spiegel Got $638 Million in Year of Firm's IPO
- U.S. Stocks End Mixed as Bonds Gain, Dollar Slumps: Markets Wrap