Japan’s Richest Person Loses $1.4 Billion in One Day on Uniqlo Slump: ChartBy
Fast Retailing Co. Chairman Tadashi Yanai lost $1.4 billion on Friday after Uniqlo Japan reported a drop in same-stores sales for December. Shares of the retailer tumbled 6.7 percent, leaving the casual clothing mogul with the biggest wealth decline among the world’s 500 richest people on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. Yanai’s net worth currently stands at $17.7 billion.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Deutsche Bank Inadvertently Made a $35 Billion Payment in a Single Transaction
- U.S. Stocks Decline on Tech Woes, Treasuries Slide: Markets Wrap
- Why a Cashmere Sweater Can Cost $2,000 … or $30
- Billionaire Banking Heir Matthew Mellon Dies at 54
- The U.K. Just Went 55 Hours Without Using Coal for the First Time in History