Trump Vows Prompt Review of Rejection of Dakota Pipeline
- Standing Rock Sioux tribe have protested $3.8 billion project
- Analysis, exploration of alternative sites needed, Army says
Activists celebrate with fireworks after learning an easement had been denied for the Dakota Access Pipeline on Dec. 4.
Photographer: Scott Olson/Getty ImagesThis article is for subscribers only.
President-elect Donald Trump backs the Dakota Access Pipeline and will review a decision by the Obama administration to deny a permit for the project, a spokesman said.
After weeks of protests from Native Americans and environmental activists, the Army Corps of Engineers announced Sunday that it was refusing to let Energy Transfer Partners LP build a section of the project under Lake Oahe in North Dakota and would begin a lengthy environmental review. But that decision runs headlong into the pledge from Trump to greenlight new energy infrastructure.
Have a confidential tip for our reporters? Get in Touch
Before it’s here, it’s on the Bloomberg Terminal
LEARN MORE
Up Next
Trump Vows Prompt Review of Rejection of Dakota Pipeline