Hong Kong Central Bank Flags Blockchain Money-Laundering RiskBy
Anonymity raises risk of illegal activity: HKMA report
HKMA unveiled fintech hub, regulatory sandbox in September
The Hong Kong Monetary Authority has released a sobering assessment of blockchain -- the much-hyped technology some banks are researching to cut costs -- including a warning that it may raise the risk of money laundering.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders