Merkel Lawmaker Sees Leeway on Migration in Brexit BargainBy , , and
Proposal departs from Merkel’s conditions on EU freedoms
Hint of flexibility balanced with warning against ‘naive’ hope
The European Union should ease its demand for the U.K. to allow the free movement of workers in return for post-Brexit market access because that would help keep Britain tied to Europe, a senior member of Chancellor Angela Merkel’s party said.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's