German Unemployment Falls in Sign Spending Set to Remain StrongBy and
Jobless rate remains at 6.1%, lowest since reunification
Number of people out of work declines more than estimated
German unemployment continued its decline in August, signaling that consumption driven by a strong labor market may cushion the blow to Europe’s largest economy from Britain’s decision to leave the European Union.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The U.S. Drops Out of the Top 10 in Innovation Ranking
- Here’s What Trump’s Tariffs on U.S. Imports Are Doing to Markets
- Musk's New Pay Deal Could Make Him the World's Richest Man—If Tesla Succeeds
- Trump's Tariffs on Solar Mark Biggest Blow to Renewables Yet
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again