Chile Pension Protests Swell as Proposals Fail to Placate PublicBy
Estimates of size of march varied from 150,000 to one million
Protesters demanding overhaul of private pension system
Hundreds of thousands marched through Santiago and other Chilean cities Sunday to demand an overhaul of the private pension system, after President Michelle Bachelet’s proposals for reform failed to placate many facing retirement on meager pensions.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- NFL’s $205 Million Man Is Hated by Everyone But Those Who Matter
- Americans Are Retiring Later, Dying Sooner and Sicker In-Between
- Singapore Will Stop Increasing Car Numbers From February 2018
- U.S. Stocks Drop at Start of Big Week for Earnings: Markets Wrap
- Noble Group Warns of Loss Topping $1 Billion