Chicago Schools Budget Uses Pension Overhaul to Close GapBy
District relies on $215M of aid contigent on Illinois fix
Spending plan also assumes that union will agree to contract
Chicago school officials presented a budget that relies on the state of Illinois passing an overhaul of its underfunded pension system and assumes that the teachers’ union will agree to pay more into their retirement funds.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Target to Buy Shipt for $550 Million in Challenge to Amazon
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses