Why China Is Handing Soldiers Big Payouts to Retire QuietlyBloomberg News
Some who retire early could keep getting 80 percent of salary
President seeks to scale down army without causing instability
Chinese President Xi Jinping is paying soldiers to leave the world’s largest army, and to do so quietly.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- Nordea's Bitcoin Ban Leaves Financial Regulator Taking Back Seat