Japan Emperor, Symbol of National Unity, Said to Seek AbdicationBy and
Crown Prince Naruhito next in line for Chrysanthemum Throne
Would be first abdication since nation opened up to West
Japan’s Emperor Akihito, the first to serve from the outset in a purely ceremonial role, signaled his wish to step down in a matter of years, national broadcaster NHK reported.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day