Tough Vietnam Vetting Curbs Independent Parliamentary CandidatesBy and
Number of approved self-nominees at lowest level since 1997
Vietnamese to elect 500 new lawmakers in Sunday vote
Vietnam’s Communist Party has approved the lowest number of independent candidates for National Assembly elections in nearly 20 years, at a time of rising frustration with the one-party political system.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day