Disney Stokes Media Investors’ Fears as Results Fall ShortBy
Company shuts down Infinity game unit at cost of $147 million
Strong dollar hurts profit from ‘Star Wars’ goods sold abroad
Walt Disney Co. reignited the fears of jittery media investors with second-quarter results that missed analysts’ estimates as profit from the ABC broadcast operation fell and the company shut down its Infinity video-games division.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Puerto Rico Faces Hurricane Maria After Irma’s $1 Billion Damage
- The World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Hits $1 Trillion
- Finland’s Welfare State Has a Massive Baby Problem
- Equifax Suffered a Hack Almost Five Months Earlier Than the Date It Disclosed
- Toys ‘R’ Us Collapses Into Bankruptcy Thanks to Crushing Debt