Gap Shares Plunge After Comeback Falters, Inventory Piles UpBy
March sales miss analysts' estimates as traffic remains slow
CEO Art Peck has promised a turnaround starting this season
Gap Inc. shares fell as much as 12 percent after the struggling apparel chain posted disappointing sales and said that inventory is piling up at stores, sparking concern that its comeback effort has stalled.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing