Smokers Get $25 Apiece From Philip Morris USA Over LightsBy
Massachusetts judgment is for deceptive marketing of Marlboros
Class action sought $600 million and went on for 17 years
Almost 200,000 Marlboro Lights smokers will get $25 each plus interest -- a fraction of the $600 million the plaintiffs had sought from Altria Group Inc.’s Philip Morris USA -- after a Massachusetts judge found they were duped into buying what they thought was a safer cigarette.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks