Trump, Ailes Said to Plan Meeting Over Fox News CoverageElizabeth Titus
Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump and Fox News CEO Roger Ailes spoke this morning and next week plan to “discuss their differences of opinion regarding Fox’s coverage,” a spokesperson for the cable network says in a statement
- Full statement:
- “Fox News Chairman & CEO Roger Ailes and Donald Trump spoke this morning and plan to have a meeting next week to discuss their differences of opinion regarding Fox’s coverage of Mr. Trump’s presidential campaign. Ailes will be joined by senior Fox editorial executives. Mr. Trump believes he has been treated unfairly in certain instances. FOX News has held every candidate in this race to the highest journalistic standards throughout our coverage. We believe a candid meeting about our differences is required and that any misunderstandings can be handled without compromising those standards”
- EARLIER: Fox Says It Canceled Trump Appearance Before ‘Boycott’ Tweet
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- European Stocks Erase Losses; Dollar Edges Lower: Markets Wrap
- Two Biggest Risks Now Are China and Inflation, Market Veteran Says
- New Uber CEO Keeps Finding Horrors at Every Turn