Carmaker Cheating on Emissions Almost as Old as Pollution TestsJeff Plungis
Volkswagen accused of evading pollution controls in 1973 case
Truck-engine makers paid over $1 billion to settle 1998 action
Almost as soon as governments began testing vehicle emissions, automakers found ways to cheat.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’