Wolf Says He Had ‘Incredible Conversation’ With Biden in NYCNicholas Johnston
“I’m flattered and honored to be able to sit down with the vice president of the United States,” Democratic fundraiser Robert Wolf tells Bloomberg Television’s Betty Liu.
- Says Biden requested meeting, 2 met for 90 minutes
- NOTE: Biden met with Wolf during trip to New York earlier this month; related story
- Wolf, former chairman, CEO of UBS Americas and prominent fundraiser for President Obama’s two White House campaigns, is publicly committed to Hillary Clinton in 2016 race
- Says he doesn’t “want to speculate” about contest for Democratic nomination, Biden’s “not even in” the race
- “I’m a Democrat first and foremost,” not “hopping around” based on polls
- Says not surprising Hillary Clinton has fallen in polls; when she starts with over 70% support “there’s only one way to go”
- “Media and general public want to have a competition”
- NOTE: Sanders Leading Clinton by 7 Points in New Hampshire
- Trump “certainly resonating with the Republican Party”
- Says he “was a good client at UBS”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.