India Proposes 20% Steel Import Duty as Surge Hurts Local MillsBy , , and
Third step by government to protect local producers since June
Steel imports jumped 51 percent in the five months to August
A unit of India’s finance ministry recommended imposing a temporary 20 percent duty on certain steel products to arrest a surge in lower-priced imports.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself