Aquila Expands in U.K. Solar With Second Acquisition This YearLouise Downing
Aquila Capital Concepts GmbH bought a U.K. solar plant, its second this year, to take advantage of government incentives.
The 9.8-megawatt facility in Sheffield, northern England, was developed by Blue Planet Solar Holdings Ltd. and Pfalzsolar GmbH, Aquila said Monday, without disclosing terms. The plant has been working since March.
“Britain’s support scheme in combination with relatively high energy prices provides an attractive investment case,” Susanne Wermter, head of Aquila’s special investment team, said in a statement.
The project is eligible to receive subsidies under the U.K.’s Renewables Obligation program. The government in April cut assistance to new solar plants larger than 5 megawatts.
Aquila in June purchased an operating photovoltaic park near Bristol.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Apple Plans Upgrades to Popular AirPods Headphones
- U.S. Stocks Rebound, Dollar Stumbles With Yields: Markets Wrap
- Los Angeles Cracks Down on Out-of-Control Hollywood Party Houses
- Jeremy Grantham Wants His Kids to Get Into Emerging Markets