Iowa Democrats Stick With Clinton in Bloomberg Politics PollNicholas Johnston
Hillary Clinton remains overwhelming favorite among Iowa Democrats though Bernie Sanders has quickly risen as Elizabeth Warren’s proxy for the anti-establishment alternative, according to Bloomberg Politics/Des Moines Register poll.
- Clinton is first choice of 57% of likely Democratic caucus-goers; Sanders first pick of 16%
- Clinton was at 56% in Jan., Sanders was at 5%
- “The reality is, this is a field where nobody has effectively stepped up to challenge Hillary Clinton, full stop,” says J. Ann Selzer, president of Selzer & Co., which conducted the poll
- Vice President Joe Biden backed by 8%, former Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley and former Sen. Jim Webb at 2%
- NOTE: Survey of 437 likely caucus-goers conducted May 25-29; margin of error +/- 4.7 ppts
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.