Republicans Tread Carefully as Islamic State Claims Credit for Texas Shooting
Last week, Iowa Representative Steve King brought Dutch politician and speaker Geert Wilders to Washington for a series of briefings with conservatives. The visited culminated in a daytime, outdoor news conference, where King, Wilders, and Texas Representative Louie Gohmert took 30 minutes of questions. Many focused on Wilders's criticism of Islam as not a religion, but a violent ideology that had to be defeated. King kept bringing the discussion back to free speech.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt