Rand Paul and the Anti-Vaxxers of the Right
By the end of Tuesday, Republicans from Dr. Ben Carson to Kentucky Senator Rand Paul were proclaiming their faith in vaccines. Paul even brought New York Times reporter Jeremy W. Peters along as he got a booster shot. Some of Paul's quotes ended up in a quick story about the strange political theater; some ended up in a Peters follow-up today, about Paul's long association with the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons. In an interview, the AAPS's executive director, Dr. Jane Orient, suggested that the risk of mental damage from vaccines was real, and that "we have a lot of observations that are not otherwise explainable."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's