Samsung Boots Up Its Smart Home Division
Yoon C. Lee, a vice president in Samsung’s consumer electronics division, is giving a tour of his home in Oakland, Calif., from 8,000 miles away in Seoul. By swiping the screen of his Galaxy S5 phone, he can switch among camera views in the living room, foyer, and backyard, toggle his electronic deadbolts, flip the lights, and turn on the oven or sprinklers. “Our first mission is to bring your home to your connected life,” he says. “You will never have to drive back home for two hours wondering if you have forgotten to lock your door or turn off your gas stove.”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- New Uber CEO Keeps Finding Horrors at Every Turn
- Facebook to Show Users Which Russian Propaganda They Followed
- Jamie Dimon Says He'd Bet Donald Trump Doesn't Win Again in 2020