A Rate Cut in China Sends Shares Soaring
China’s central statistics bureau delivered the bad news on Oct. 21: Gross domestic product had risen at only a 7.3 percent annual rate in the most recent quarter, the slowest rate of expansion since the depths of the financial crisis. The report confirmed the country was on pace for its most sluggish annual growth in almost a quarter century.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing