FAQ: Why Ted Cruz Wants You to Send Bibles to Houston's Gay Mayor
If you want to feel what the Culture Wars have become in 2014, cast your eyes to Houston. Texas's largest city, the largest city to ever elect an openly gay mayor, is right now the center of a showdown with religious leaders and Republican politicians on one side and the city's progressive establishment on the other. The key figure, of course, is Senator Ted Cruz, who has demonstrated a mastery of these crises. It's the sort of fight that religious conservatives have been waiting for.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's