Xiaomi Takes its Flash-Sales Model to IndiaBy
Xiaomi, the smartphone brand that is such a hit in China, is making its move in the other giant Asian market, India. Flipkart, the e-commerce site that is a local rival of Amazon.com, is the exclusive seller of Xiaomi phones in India, promoting the Xiaomi Mi3 mode as “the fastest Mi phone ever.” The phone sells for 13,999 rupees ($228), but in order to buy it, Flipkart shoppers need to register in advance. That’s not so easy. “Registration for Mi3 sale is closed,” according to Flipkart.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders