Can Startups Help Fashion Brands Battle Amazon?By
When it comes to online shopping, fashion retailers feel your pain. They have to cope with the high rate of returns, the price pressure, the ease of comparison shopping, the lure of free shipping. That may explain why startups in the first New York Fashion Tech Lab, which wrapped up last week, peppered their presentations with references to Amazon.com. Helping retailers compete against the e-commerce giant was a factor in why many had been picked for the 12-week accelerator program created by venture capital firm Springboard Enterprises and the Partnership Fund for New York City.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap