Snowpiercer: Indie Savior or Casualty?
Depending on whom you ask in the film world, the U.S. release of Snowpiercer is either a revolution or a travesty. Directed by Korean auteur Bong Joon-ho and starring Captain America’s Chris Evans, the dystopian flick is set on a futuristic train hurtling around a frozen earth. With a 94 percent rating on review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, it’s become a critical darling. In its opening weekend in late June, the film made $171,187 from just eight screens, playing sold-out shows in New York and Los Angeles.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Nasdaq Drops on Tech Rout as Oil Falls, Gold Gains: Markets Wrap
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting