Pistorius Lawyers Say Australian TV Video Obtained Illegally

Lock
This article is for subscribers only.

Paralympian Oscar Pistorius’s murder trial resumes today after his lawyers said an Australian television station illegally obtained footage of the athlete re-enacting how he killed his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp.

The video, aired by Channel Seven’s Sunday Night current affairs program, shows double-amputee Pistorius, 27, acting out events that led to his shooting of Steenkamp at his home on Feb. 14 last year as part of preparation for his trial. Seven West Media Ltd., the Perth, Australia-based company that owns Channel Seven, said the broadcast was the result of an investigation by its journalists and didn’t breach the law.