American Apparel Clothes Are ‘Made in Downtown L.A.’ Will That Change?By
One of American Apparel’s selling points has always been that its T-shirts and other clothes are actually made in America—in a seven-story, salmon-colored factory in downtown Los Angeles to be exact. There are a lot of hypersexualized ads, too, of course, which have received plenty of criticism. But the company’s commitment to manufacturing in the city and paying its workers something close to a living wage was hard to find fault with.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- European Stocks Erase Losses; Dollar Extends Drop: Markets Wrap
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- Two Biggest Risks Now Are China and Inflation, Market Veteran Says
- Jamie Dimon Says He'd Bet Donald Trump Doesn't Win Again in 2020