Owned by the Chinese, Volvo Swears It's More Swedish Than Ever
Volvo’s latest television ad is less about horsepower and gas mileage than it is about nostalgia. A woman behind the wheel of an SUV recalls when she was a little girl, sitting in the rear-facing seat of her parents’ boxy Volvo wagon. “I loved every minute of it,” the voice-over says. “Then you grow up, and there’s no going back. But it’s OK. It’s just a new kind of adventure. And really, who wants to look backwards, when you can look forward.”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt