Spaceport America Counts Down to Launch
Spaceport America, the world’s first base for commercial spaceflights, will begin launching suborbital craft from Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic and Elon Musk’s SpaceX later this year. The spaceport, located near Truth or Consequences, a former frontier town in the New Mexico desert, employs about 1,300 people and says it will add 1,800 more jobs by 2018. —Photographs by Lucy Nicholson
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Nasdaq Drops on Tech Rout as Oil Falls, Gold Gains: Markets Wrap
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting